To see if you qualify for reimbursement CLICK HERE
The Department of Early Learning is proud to support ongoing professional development efforts. If you have questions, please contact MERIT support services by calling 1.866.482.4325, option 8 or email email@example.com.
State-Approved Training Reimbursements
The Department of Early Learning (DEL) offers cost reimbursement for training taken from state-approved trainers in Washington. Professionals who currently work in child care facilities licensed or certified by DEL can access this opportunity through their MERIT professional record.
Application guidelines for state-approved training reimbursement:
· You must have a professional record in MERIT with a STARS ID.
· You must be currently employed in a DEL licensed or certified facility, in an eligible employment position. You must have this information recorded and confirmed or verified in your MERIT professional record.
See chart below for eligible employment positions and how to have your information confirmed or verified.
· You may only apply one time per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
· You may apply for up to$150 for your training reimbursement. This can include any combination of trainings.
· The training must be offered by a state-approved trainer.
Approved training can be annual continuing education training or the 20 Hour STARS basic training. Continuing Education Proposals (CEP) and non-approved training are not eligible.
·Approved training must have been taken within the previous 12 months.
Eligible Job Positions in DEL Licensed or Certified Child Care Facilities:
Child Care Center (CCC), Director, Assistant Director, Program Supervisor, Lead Teacher, Assistant or Aide, Family Child Care Home, Licensee, Primary Worker, Assistant, School Age Center, Program
Director, Program Assistant Director, Site Coordinator, Lead Staff or Group Leader, Child Care Assistant
What does ‘confirmed or verified’ employment mean?
Confirmed or verified employment in a child care facility licensed or certified by the Department of Early learning. Your employer or qualified administrator (such as a center director, family child care home licensee, or DEL licensor) has confirmed or verified that you work there. This information will display in the “status” column of your employment record as “confirmed/verified” with a DEL hand-print logo.
How to apply for a state-approve training reimbursement
1) Sign in to your MERIT professional record at merit.del.wa.gov.
2) Go to the “Applications” tab and select “Training Reimbursement.”
3) Follow the steps to confirm your personal information – this is important because a check will be issued to the address listed in your professional record.
4) Continue to select trainings for which you would like to be reimbursed. MERIT will display all eligible trainings, and you can select as many as necessary to reach the maximum $150 reimbursement limit. You will be prompted to confirm your choices if you select any amount less than $150, just to be sure you are requesting the full amount available to you as you may only apply once per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
5) Sign and submit your application. You will receive an email as confirmation and your reimbursement will arrive in the mail
MERIT tracks your state-approved training history for you. This means you do not need to submit proof of completion or any receipts in order to receive your training reimbursement.
Reimbursements are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and funds are limited for each fiscal year
(July 1 – June 30)
If funding is low or no longer available for the current fiscal year, you will receive this in an email when you apply. You may re-apply during the next fiscal year beginning July 1.
The Department of Early Learning is proud to support ongoing professional development efforts. If you have questions, please contact MERIT support services by calling 1.866.482.4325, option 8 or email